Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Week 6 EOC: How do I see my role starting in the industry

Upon graduation I will be in a strange place. For the first time in 20 plus years I will not be obligated to be in a classroom environment. Scary thought to the say the least. that being said i will be venturing into my first real career experiences in my field. I see myself playing the background if I'm blessed to land a gig where I am not freelancing and in charge of all aspects of the project. What I mean is basically being a grip or production assistant, and on the audio side holding a boom or setting up a session. In this scenario I understand that I am an auxiliary and there to assist the lead as well as make things smooth for the crew basically I would be the ultimate underling. I feel that my big break will come while freelancing. I feel that I will get more work in that arena as well as building more projects for my personal portfolio. This will allow me to be seen and take credit for all aspects of my work as well as show my ultimate customer service, which in turn I'll lead to more jobs which will hopefully lead to me starting my own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment