Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 2 Photo Challenge


    Here I am mixing for a recruitment event at The Art Institute of Las Vegas.I was using a yamaha MG 166cx mixer. I was mixing songs on an Android phone and an Amazon Kindle Fire. I am not a DJ by far, but I am exceptional at figuring out how to keep a crowd entertained. I have been The Art Institute's  go to guy when it comes to setting up audio for events. I have done all there student sponsored events for the past year. I take pride in the fact they rely on me for those situations. It feels good to know that if I'm involved that is one less thing they have to worry about. The best part about this gig in particular was that it was five days after I had an accident where my car was totaled, thus giving me the first sense of normalcy since that incident. This photo shows me in a good place, a place of peace, resilience, and comfort surrounded by audio equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment